Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another Hallelujah

Here is an entry from my journal yesterday:

I Love you Lord with all my heart
You've given me a brand new start
And I just want to s
ing this song to you

It goes like this the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
My heart and soul are praising Hallelujah!

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I know that you're the God above
You're filling me with grace and love
And I just want to say thank you to you

You pulled me from the miry clay
You've given me a brand new day
Now all that I can say is Hallelujah!

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

As I listened to those words from Lincoln Brewster's version of "Another Hallelujah" while I stared out over Lake Josephine; it felt as though every pour on my skin might turn into millions of little mouths all shouting the chorus "Hallelujah!"

The trees that framed the lake seemed to join in the praise with its' leaves looking like hundreds of clapping hands as the wind whipped through them. Even the lake itself seemed to prostrate itself before the Lord over and over as its waves crashed on the shore one after another. It's as if nature perpetually hears the music that the angels worship to in the heavens and is forever responding and joining in the adoration of its' Sovereign King and Maker. When all mp3 players and radios turn off, and when all church worship services end, the heavenly chorus continues unceasingly crying, "Holy, Holy, Holy, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah."

No matter where and when we are; we are all privileged, welcomed and called to join in this celestial song!



0 comments: